The Howard Miller Library is pleased to offer materials in a variety of formats, as well as services for all ages. Programming for the Youth Department includes story times, craft programs, summer reading clubs, and other special programs. For adults, the library offers Internet training sessions and a book discussion group.
Please call for more specific details.
Services offered at the library:
- Reference questions answered in person, by phone, or email
- Internet Access (patrons must sign in with with library card if patron is a resident of Holland or Zeeland service areas. A guest pass can be given to those individuals living outside the Holland/Zeeland service area showing a current state driver's license or photo id. See Internet Policies )
- Photocopying ($0.25 per black and white page, $1.00 per color page)
- Scanning documents to email ($0.25 per page)
- Computers for word processing (same requirements as Internet access)
- Video collection including Feature Films, Children's titles and non-fiction titles
- Downloadable eBooks and audiobooks
- Keyword searchable digitized Zeeland Record with printing capabilities
- Genealogy and local history collection
- Approximately 146 magazines
- Newspapers (Detroit Free Press, Grand Rapids Press, Holland Sentinel, Wall Street Journal, USA Today and the Zeeland Record)
- MelCat, access books and materials at public, college and university libraries across the state
- Online Circulation System that allows users to access their patron information from home and to request items from other libraries within the Lakeland Library Cooperative.
- Electronic Resources (see Research Databases)
- Vertical file containing information about local businesses and local history
- Test Proctoring
- Flat fee for all proctoring: $5.00 per appointment
- Related Services(below) for proctoring only!
Please call the library for an appointment at
- Fax: $1 per page
- Envelope: $0.50
- Postage: $1.50 flat rate (does not include envelope)
- Copies/Printing: $0.25 per page